Sunday, November 29, 2009

Zebra Finch

We saw many of these gorgeous little birds on our walk around Uluru and hike in the Olgas. I've never seen a Zebra Finch and was very excited! PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
James just looked at these pictures and had a couple comments. He thinks the birds are much cuter in person, and he wants to point out the white and black stripes on bird's tail in the third photo, as they are named Zebra Finch because of their tails. :)

3 comments:

mmm... November 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM  

they are so cute. your bird photos always amaze me.

Akasha Balkman November 30, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

Oh beautiful!! I was super excited to see these ones after you told me the story about them! So neat! I have never seen birds like those before-- I can imagine how awesome that must have been to see live! You have an amazing talent for nature photography by the way :)

Johanna December 1, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

I love zebra finches. they sell them at the pet shop at the markets and I always watch them. I love the light blue of the sky in these photos. I agree that you are good with nature photography!