Grey Fantail, a bird with personality!

Today I went bird watching at a nature reserve that I had never been to before. I was so excited about how many birds there were in the area. When I first arrived I was greeted by this friendly Grey Fantail doing acrobatics in the air. He was going wild in the sky, and then to my surprise he flew right over to Adelaide. Not only did he hold still so I could take a picture of him, he sang us a pretty song! When I came home I looked online to identify what kind of bird he was and this is what I found about the Grey Fantail. "The Grey Fantail is most easily recognised by its constantly fanned tail and agile aerial twists and turns. Both sexes are similar in appearance: grey above, with white eyebrow, throat and tail edges. This species is quite inquisitive and will closely approach an observer." www.birdsinbackyards.net/bird/113
I hope to encounter many more Grey Fantails. Most birds are scared of observers and fly away before I can get close enough to take a picture. Addi had fun watching this bird and it was nice to get an easy shot.
1 comments:
wow kalista! this is an incredible photo! i love it. nice work!
Post a Comment