Monday, October 26, 2009

Water Dragons!

At the Botanic Gardens I found the hidden lair of the Water Dragons! I didn't know the gardens had so many of these neat reptiles! I've seen a few at the Gardens before, but never multiple dragons, and I haven't seen any at all for a long time. I was hoping to show them to my sister while she was visiting, and I wish that I had discovered this place earlier. The Gardens are huge and there are still many areas I need to explore.
Photobucket
Photobucket Most of the Water Dragons were hanging out on the other side of this pond where I couldn't get very close to them, but this one below let me get close enough I could have touched him! He was brave, but I wasn't! I didn't attempt to pet him but was curious of just how close he'd let me come. It was fun to watch the Dragons jump off the rocks and into the pond. Next time I plan to bring my video camera. :) PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

Emma October 27, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

Beautiful photos!!! The detail is amazing. Your wildife photos are always stunning.

I'll have to check these guys out - I haven't seen them before. Very cool.

mmm... October 27, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

incredible photos kalista!

Manewal Family 360 October 27, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

Those are wonderful pictures of the water dragons. I love to look at your blogs, and see the beautiful pictures. Your gonna have to keep it up when you are back in the states.

Akasha Balkman November 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Oh my gosh!! I haven't seen your blog for a while, you have some AMAZING photos! I am so so so impressed! The water dragons look so neat!!